“What Does a Recruiter Do?”
I am asked this question almost daily, “What do you do all day in your job” etc. My short version answer to that is, I am engaged with people 100% of the day whether that is clients, job seekers or internal co-workers. I am connecting with people daily and helping them succeed whether that is by understanding their goals and finding the perfect career path or speaking with employers to find the best possible talent and culture match for their team.
What is Involved In Your “Average” Day?
Let me break it down for you. The average day in recruiting is always changing; no two days are ever the same. You must be adaptable and be up for a new challenge every day, that is what makes the job fun! To be successful, you must thrive on the ability to work under pressure. It’s a thrill to have a client call in panic on a Friday afternoon at 4P.M. looking for someone to start on Monday morning and you are able to make magic happen for them!
As a Recruiter My Day Consists of A Variety of Things From…
- Calendar management; the beginning of every day I am looking over what needs to be accomplished and how I am going to manage my time throughout the day.
- Talking on the phone to screen candidates and respond to people who have reached out to me.
- Working with our social media content strategist for plans on how to advertise open opportunities.
- Actively sourcing candidates through various recruiting platforms.
- Scheduling and conducting interviews with prospective candidates.
- Assisting with client interview arrangements and handling the job offer stage with onboarding and paperwork.
- Building a network of top talent whether you are an active or passive job seeker I want *you* in my network.
- Relationship building; keeping in touch with past placements to make sure they are happy and thriving in their new role.
- Assisting our team of account managers with client company needs and keeping track of available positions.
The Big Picture
Day in and day out I am connecting with people from all different backgrounds. I get the opportunity to understand their personal and professional career goals and how I can utilize their strengths and transferable skills to assist them in their job search. I also get to play matchmaker and help connect a talented job seeker with an amazing company! There is nothing more rewarding than knowing that you helped make a positive impact in someone’s life by helping them land a new career.
Whether you’re ready for a career change, seeking more flexibility, or are eyeing a move up the career ladder, partner with myself and my team to gain an advantage in your job search!
Jill grew up in Wahoo, NE and attended college at Midland University where she graduated in May 2013 with a bachelor’s degree in sports management and business administration. In September of 2013, Jill joined Celebrity Staff’s Lincoln team where she is currently a recruiter. She enjoys interviewing and building relationships with each candidate to assist them in their career path. In her free time, Jill enjoys spending time with her husband, Ethan, traveling with her family, and attending sporting events.